Honestly, too many to mention. From heavy metal to classic 70s rock to hip-hop golden age
Futura (old school, I know)
Really hard to pick just one. Let's say book: 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, movie: Pulp Fiction
I'm too old to remember
Have you considered an alternative career?
I studied industrial design. 80% useless to what I've been doing my entire career. The remaining useful 20% is that it introduced me to the design world at large and I met likeminded people. Basically, I'm self-taught on most of the things I know.
Don't be stuck with a company for too long if you don't clearly see the path ahead.
The lack of integrity too many designers in Silicon Valley have. The ones working in some big tech companies are aware that their work in having a bad impact on a global scale, but they love their juicy salaries too much. I don't think there's a solution, honestly. Sadly, it's the human nature.